GCSE Leisure and Tourism gives students the opportunity to develop a sound knowledge and understanding of the leisure and tourism industry, providing them with a first step onto the career ladder. Students study the AQA specification.
This course gives students the chance to:
understand people's changing leisure activities and travel behaviour
- investigate changes in the pattern of tourism, including the issue of sustainability
- study employment in leisure and tourism and the issues faced by the industry including health and safety
- explore leisure and tourism activities in the UK and abroad, including the businesses and organisations which make up this industry
- gain skills in applying knowledge to real-world situations, including planning and carrying out investigations
- analyse and evaluate evidence and sources to make reasoned judgements and draw conclusions.
This course is assessed mainly through controlled assessment and can support vocational career opportunities and progression on to further study.
The GCSE course consists of two units: