Pupil Premium funding is additional funding of £935 per eligible student to support initiatives to raise academic attainment. In 2017-18 51% of students at Manor Community Academy were identified as Pupil Premium students. This is considerably higher than the national average and is more heavily weighted towards students in Years 7 and 8.
A wide variety of interventions and initiatives have been established to improve educational outcomes and opportunities for the cohort and these are detailed in the expenditure statements which can be found at the links below. The academy remains committed to ensuring that Pupil Premium Funding is utilised to bring about positive academic outcomes, enhanced learning experiences and raises student aspirations to allow them to thrive and achieve at the highest level. In recent years there has been:
- A focus on staff CPD to ensure all staff are fully aware of the needs of their PP students are and utilise the latest Sutton Trust research is suggesting is the most effective way to utilise the funding
- An investment in attendance officers to support students in improving their attendance to school
- Opportunities provided for more able provision and awareness raising regarding post 16 opportunities
- An investment in mentoring and coaching
- A significant investment in intervention and welfare support
2017/18 Documents (Current)