Parents claiming certain benefits can also claim free school meals for any of their children who are registered at a Hartlepool school and who would normally be at school at lunch time.
School meals are a good way to make sure that your child eats well at lunch time. By claiming free school meals you save yourself time and money. For every free school meal successfully claimed Hartlepool will receive extra money from Government to spend in schools and colleges.
Criteria for Free School Meals:
- Income Support
- Income based Job-Seekers Allowance
- Employment Support Allowance (ESA) Income Related
- Child Tax Credit but usually not Working Tax Credit and an annual income does not exceed ?16,190.00
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- You may qualify for Free School Meals if you no longer qualify for Working Tax credits following the changes to tax credit rules in April 2012.
Applications can be made by:
- Telephoning 01429 284188
- Completing an application at the child's school
- Completing an application form at the Civic Centre, Victoria Road, Hartlepool TS24 8AY