Access to a broad and balanced curriculum
All students follow the National Curriculum at a level and pace suitable for their ability. Our SEND philosophy places SEND children at the heart of personalised learning and our curriculum is tailored to meet individual students needs.
At times modifications to the curriculum may be implemented. To successfully match pupil ability to the Curriculum, Manor Community Academy continues to be committed to:
• A range of teaching and learning styles.
• Differentiated materials (both for reinforcement and extension).
• Access to ICT.
• Additional in class support.
• Additional out of class support.
• Flexible groupings (including small group work).
• An innovative and supportive curriculum – including an integrated literacy based curriculum at KS3 and an appropriate work based learning curriculum at KS4.
• The appropriate use of rewards and sanctions.
• Mentoring and counselling
• A broad range of extra-curricular activities, including homework club and use of the Learning Resource Centre.
• Assessment procedures that emphasise students’ strengths and achievements.
• Key Stage 4 courses which are relevant to students’ needs.
• Applications to examination boards to obtain access arrangements as appropriate.